No matter your budget, we have the perfect home for you.
One of our real estate professionals will be with you every step of the way, from helping you narrow your home search to guiding you through the negotiation process. With a combined almost 40 years of real estate experience, Angie and Laurie are the team for you. Contact us to get started, and get ready to experience what other buyers have been saying is the easiest way to buy a place!
Build Your Green File.A green file contains all your important financial documents. You will need it to secure financing for your property. The typical green file should contain:
- Financial statements
- Bank accounts
- Credit cards
- Auto loans
- Recent pay stubs
- Tax returns for two years
- Copies of leases for investment properties
- 401K statements, life insurance, stocks, bonds, and mutual account information.
Check Your Credit Rating.Your credit score will have a huge impact on what type of property you can buy, and at what price. It is first recommended to check your credit rating with an experienced lending institution so that we can determine what you can afford. The lender will research your credit ratings from the three credit reporting agencies Equifax, Experian and Trans Union. We will be happy to recommend experienced, knowledgeable lenders in the residential, construction, and commercial and investment real estate fields.
Be Careful With Your Finances.Now is not a good time to make sudden career changes or large purchases. You want to approach your property purchase from a position of financial stability.
Here are some factors to consider when choosing your real estate professional:
- Look for a full-time agent – one who has experience completing transactions similar to yours.
- Interview a few agents: Are they familiar with the area in which you are interested?
- Ask how much time the agent will have for you, and if they are available at night and on weekends.
- Ask about their credentials and education: A good agent will continually strive to improve and gain knowledge of the latest real estate trends and hold the highest designations in their respective fields of expertise.
- Does the agent return your calls promptly? Time is money when attempting to buy a property.
- Ask for a list of properties they have sold or a list of references.
- Choose an agent who listens attentively to your needs and concerns. Pick an agent, with whom you feel comfortable.
Take a Drive.Get to know the neighborhoods, complexes, or subdivisions, which interest you. Drive around and get a feel for what it would be like to own a property in the area. Start getting a sense of the properties available in those areas.
Narrow Your Search.Select a few properties that interest you the most and have your real estate agent make appointments to visit them. Ask your real estate agent about the potential long term resale value of the properties you are considering.
Time to Buy.Once you have picked out the property you want to purchase, your real estate agent can help you make an offer that the seller will accept. A good agent will investigate the potential costs and expenses associated with the new property. An agent can also help you draft your offer in a way that gives you the advantage over another offer.
The Process, Step-by-Step The Initial Agreement and Deposit.An effective agreement is a legal arrangement between a potential purchaser and the property’s seller. Some important tips to keep in mind to streamline the process:
- Keep written records of everything. For the sake of clarity, it will be extremely useful to transcribe all verbal agreements including counter-offers and addendums and to convert them into written agreements to be signed by both parties. We will assist you in drafting all the paperwork for your purchase and make sure that you have copies of everything.
- Stick to the schedule. Now that you have chosen your offer, you and the seller will be given a timeline to mark every stage in the process of closing the real estate contract. Meeting the requirements on time ensures a smoother flow of negotiations so that each party involved is not in breach of their agreements. During the process we will keep you constantly updated, so you will always be prepared for the next step.
The Closing Agent.Either a title company or an attorney will be selected as a closing agent. The closing agent will hold the deposit in escrow and will research the complete recorded history of the property to ensure that the title is free and clear of encumbrances by the date of closing and that all new encumbrances are properly added to the title. Some properties are subject to restrictions which limit various activities such as building or parking restrictions. There may be recorded easements and encroachments, which limit the rights to use your property.
How to Hold Title.You may wish to consult an attorney or tax advisor on the best way to hold title. Different methods of holding title have different legal, estate and tax implications, especially when selling or upon death of the title holder.
Inspections.Once your offer is accepted by the seller, you will need to have a licensed property inspector inspect the property within the time frame that was agreed upon in the effective contract to purchase. You may elect to have different inspectors inspect the property, if you wish to obtain professional opinions from inspectors who specialize in a specific area (eg. roof, HVAC, structure). If you are purchasing a commercial property, then you will need to have an environmental audit done on the site for the lending institution. We can recommend several different inspectors.
Depending on the outcome of these inspections, one of two things may happen:
- Either each milestone is successfully closed and the contingencies will be removed, bringing you one step closer to the close, or
- The buyer, after reviewing the property and the papers, requests a renegotiation of the terms of contract (usually the price).
Appraisal and Lending.It is imperative that you keep in close communication with your lender, who will let you know when additional documents are needed to approve your loan application and fund your loan. If the agreement is conditional upon financing, then the property will be appraised by a licensed appraiser to determine the value for the lending institution, via a third party. This is done so that the lending institution can confirm their investment in your property is accurate. Appraisers are specialists in determining the value of properties, based on a combination of square footage measurements, building costs, recent sales of comparable properties, operating income, etc. When you are within two weeks of closing, double check with your lender to be sure the loan will go through smoothly and on time.
Association Approval.If the property that you are purchasing is conditional upon an association approval, request the rules, regulations, and other important documents from the seller as soon as you have an effective agreement to purchase. Make sure that the application documents and processing fees are submitted to the appropriate person at the association by the required time. Fill out all of the information completely and legibly so there is no delay in processing the application. If you are required to meet with the association for your approval, make an appointment as soon as possible for the interview. Most associations require a certificate of approval before move-in. Your closing agent will request that the original copy of this approval letter be brought to the closing, so that it can be recorded with the deed in the county public records.
Property Insurance.If you are obtaining a loan, you will be required by your lender to purchase a certain amount of insurance on the property. The value will depend on the lending institution and the purchase price of the property. You may be able to save hundreds of dollars a year on homeowners insurance by shopping around for insurance. You can also save money with these tips.
We will be happy to recommend experienced knowledgeable insurance agents for every property type.
- Consider a higher deductible. Increasing your deductible by just a few hundred dollars can make a big difference in your premium.
- Ask your insurance agent about discounts. You may be able get a lower premium if your home has safety features such as dead-bolt locks, smoke detectors, an alarm system, storm shutters or fire-retardant roofing materials. Persons over 55 years of age or long-term customers may also be offered discounts.
- Insure your house NOT the land under it. After a disaster, the land is still there. If you do not subtract the value of the land when deciding how much homeowner’s insurance to buy, you will pay more than you should.
"Since 2020 I had been searching high and low for the right home for myself. I viewed roughly 15 properties, put in many offers and found little to no success. At one point it never seemed like I'd never be able to find the right one. After reaching out to Angie and her team, they were able to assure me that I'd be able to find what I'm looking for. Sure enough, we were able to find the one. Angie & her team made the process easy, stress free and especially hopeful for me. If you're looking for a top notch home buying experience, Ace Realty is the way to go!"
"Laurie went above and beyond showing us houses remotely and working to get us into the house. We would definitely recommend her."
"We had a great experience with Angie at Ace Realty!! She was efficient, organized, and honest! She was always available for questions - whether it be a quick text, call or email! Sometimes I felt bad because I'm sure she was done for the day - but she was still prompt in responding to us! It's evident Angie not only has oodles of experience in the real estate industry, but is clearly passionate about her work! The whole experience was super painless and stress free - I'd definitely recommend Angie to anyone wanting to sell or purchase a house!!"
"Laurie did a fantastic job at finding us a home! She's very responsive to texts, calls, and emails. She was very patient with us and never made us feel like an inconvenience. When I started to get discouraged, she assured me we'd find the right house - and we did (after looking at 40+ houses)! If you're looking for a great realtor, Laurie is your gal!"
"We worked with Angie to both sell our home and buy a new home. We felt that Angie worked very hard to keep us updated and provided personal guidance throughout the process. She was always available for questions and provided us with exceptional service by bring papers to our home for us to sign, and was very thorough when explaining all the paperwork we signed. We definitely recommend Angie at Ace Realty if you are looking to buy or sell property."
"Very Professional- Laurie helped us and kept us informed every step of the way!"
"We were very pleased with Angie and her staff. They were very responsive, professional. She was very kind in following through with our requests which we appreciated very much. They all are so very kind and considerate. We would highly recommend them in your search for a realtor. We can't thank Angie enough!"
"Our experience was great. We got the home we wanted! So thankful that Laurie was able to give us timely updates!"
Ryan & Terra Schuchhardt
"The SoldByAngie team at Ace Realty was amazing. Angie was very professional and accommodating to all our needs. She helped us by selling our house quickly while also helping us buy our forever home. We definitely recommend Angie and Ace Realty for any buying or selling of property in the Huron area."
"Superior- Laurie was an absolute joy to work with. Laurie was adaptable to our families needs, worked outside the box with us and did a wonderful job from start to finish. Laurie is a true blessing."
"Our experience with the SoldbyAngie team was great. We have used them several times through the years and every time was wonderful. All of their knowledge makes the home buying or selling process a lot easier. Thanks for all you do. Keep up the good work!"
Art & Jeanie Donnell
"Angie was the best! Her effort to sell our home was amazing & incredible!"