Homeowner’s Insurance is a must have. However there are many easy ways to pay less.
- Buy your home owners insurance and auto policies from the same company and you will most likely qualify for multi-policy discounts.
- Retirees and those who are home most hours of the day may qualify for a discount on theft insurance.
- Install deadbolt locks and smoke detectors. It’s a good purchase to make on it’s own. And insurance companies might give you a discount.
- Have vinyl siding? Some insurance companies will give you up to 20% discount if you exclude your vinyl siding from hail damage coverage.
- Don’t Smoke. Non-smokers pay less than smokers because there is less fire risk.
- Ask about additional Discounts. Firefighters, Teachers, Engineers and Law Enforcement sometimes get lower rates.
- Raise your deductible. You will have to pay more out of pocket if an incident happens but you will save money every month.
- Don’t Buy Coverage you don’t need. Don’t pay for coverage on fur jackets & jewelry if you don’t own any.
- Add outdoor lighting to your sidewalks and driveway. Motion Censored light to your backyard.
- Ask what you could do to lower your premiums. It never hurts to ask.
A few things that might raise your Homeowner’s insurance.
- Owning a Trampoline
- Having Rottweilers, Doberman Pinschers, or Pit Bulls.
- Owning a Swimming Pool
- Having a Tree House
- Having big ticket Jewelry
- Running a home business
- Fireplaces or Wood burning Stoves
- Exotic Pets